The ASCA Gehring Academy Faculty Fellowship offers a unique opportunity to gain insight into the Gehring Academy and faculty’s unique role. The goal of the Faculty Fellow program is to help prepare members to potentially serve as Gehring Academy facilitators in the future.
Main time commitments for the Faculty Fellow role include providing organizational and administrative support to the Track Coordinator and faculty as needed and directed by the Track Coordinator and attending the Gehring Academy in Minneapolis, MN, July 23-27, 2020. Additionally, the Faculty Fellow assists with all track curricular development aspects of the planning prior to and execution of the Academy onsite including, but not limited to:
- Attend all track and faculty teleconference and onsite planning meetings.
- Assist Track Coordinator in preparing for faculty meetings.
- Shadow Track Coordinator throughout the Academy and assist as needed.
- Provide logistical, clerical, research, and instructional support to Track Coordinator and faculty.
- Problem-solve as appropriate and represent the Gehring Academy faculty positively.
- Instruct select sections of track content per Track Coordinator’s request.
- Actively engage in all track classroom sessions, report concerns, and provide observations to the Track Coordinator.
- Participate in panels and/or group assignments as assigned by the Track Coordinator.
- Mentor track participants through group and/or individual activities including meals and/or social activities.
- Attend Academy opening and all associated receptions/events.
Apply for Faculty Fellowship (available Jan. 2020)