2018 Gehring Academy Faculty Fellow Timeline
The ASCA Gehring Academy Faculty Fellowship (Faculty Fellow) offers a unique opportunity to gain insight into the Gehring Academy (the Academy) and faculty’s unique role. The goal of the Faculty Fellow program is to help prepare members to potentially serve as Gehring Academy facilitators in the future.
Main time commitments for the Faculty Fellow role include providing organizational and administrative support to the Track Coordinator and faculty as needed and directed by the Track Coordinator and attending the Gehring Academy in Indianapolis, IN, July 8-12, 2018. Additionally, the Faculty Fellow assists with all track curricular development aspects of the planning prior to and execution of the Academy onsite including, but not limited to:
- Attend all track and faculty teleconference and onsite planning meetings.
- Assist Track Coordinator in preparing for faculty meetings.
- Shadow Track Coordinator throughout the Academy and assist as needed.
- Provide logistical, clerical, research, and instructional support to Track Coordinator and faculty.
- Problem-solve as appropriate and represent the Gehring Academy faculty positively.
- Instruct select sections of track content per Track Coordinator’s request.
- Actively engage in all track classroom sessions, report concerns, and provide observations to the Track Coordinator.
- Participate in panels and/or group assignments as assigned by the Track Coordinator.
- Mentor track participants through group and/or individual activities including meals and/or social activities.
- Attend Academy opening and all associated receptions/events.
To be considered for the Gehring Academy Faculty Fellow position, please complete the application and include all requested information.
All interest form materials will be due on Monday, May 14, 2018, by 5:00 p.m. CDT. All interest forms submitted by the due date will receive FULL consideration as part of the appointment process.
Any questions or points of clarification can be referred to Andrea Goodwin, Gehring Academy Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Link to the Application: https://form.jotform.com/81027168673965
April 13, 2018 Open Application
April 16, 2018 Message to membership and info on ASCA Gehring website
May 14, 2018 Application Deadline
May 15-25, 2018 Review of Applications & Selection Completed
May 29, 2018 Applicants notified