This year’s Gehring Academy takes place at the Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center in beautiful downtown Detroit. Soaring 70 stories above the Detroit River, the Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center is in the heart of downtown on the riverfront. The hotel is located within GM Renaissance Center complex, which features apparel and gift shops, banks and restaurants; you’re at the center of it all. Situated downtown along the award-winning International Riverwalk, the hotel is near the Huntington Place, Ford Field, Little Caesars Arena, Comerica Park and other attractions. The hotel features newly renovated modern lobby, Fuell restaurant, and Motor City Pantry for a full carry-out menu and snacks for your convenience. The GMRenCen also has many restaurants and dining options. See our Dining page for more details.
- Address – Renaissance Center, 400 Renaissance Dr W, Detroit, MI 48243
- Phone – (313) 568-8000
- Mariott Page
- Google Travel Information
- Check-in: 4:00 pm • Check-out: 11:00 am
- Smoke Free Property
- No pets allowed, service animals only
- ASCA attendees can take advantage of a $179/night rate (Standard King or Double Room) by booking here. Offer valid for stays between 7/15 – 7/20 only. To secure the discounted rate you must reserve a room no later than Jun 26, 2023 by 5PM EST.
- On-Site Parking – Guests are advised to park in Beaubien Garage, which offers in-and-out privileges to hotel guests for a flat rate of $25 per day which is charged to guestrooms.
- Valet – $30/hourly, $40 overnight
- Electric Car Charging – $30/hour or $40 per 24 hours
Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW)
- Address – 11050 W. G. Rogell Dr. #602, Detroit, MI 48242
- Website – metroairport.com
To/From DTW to the Marriott is approximately 20-25 minutes via passenger car (Lyft, Uber, etc.) and approximately 75 minutes via public transportation (SMART bus). If utilizing the SMART bus, choose the 261 from the McNamara Terminal at DTW. This line runs every 30 minutes. Learn more about the SMART metro system here.