Gehring Academy leaders are the valued and respected core of the Donald D. Gehring Academy. Academy participants consistently cite the quality and approachability of our Academy leadership as a primary reason they attend and are satisfied with their experience.
Each year, the Academy planning team hosts an open application process, inviting our members to serve in this elite role and selects respected student conduct and legal professionals to represent the best in our field and Association. The work done at the Academy shapes the future skill-base, quality, and direction of student conduct. We welcome your application for these roles and look forward to the upcoming Academy in Detroit!
Four-day tracks scheduled for this year are:
- Mary Beth Mackin Foundations of Professional Practice
- Advanced Restorative Justice
- Case Management and Student Conduct Work (in partnership with HECMA)
- Senior Student Conduct Officers
- Student Organization Conduct – with an element of a hazing focus
We are also seeking faculty for our Mini Tracks which are scheduled for July 24, 2023 and will be held virtually. Some topics Association members have indicated interest include, but are not limited to:
- Effective Sanctioning
- Building and Revising Codes
- Threat Assessment
- 1st Amendment
- Academic Integrity
- Writing Workshops