The ASCA Gehring Academy Faculty Fellowship offers a unique opportunity to gain insight into the Gehring Academy and faculty’s unique role. The goal of the Faculty Fellow program is to help prepare members to potentially serve as Gehring Academy facilitators in the future.
The main commitments for the Faculty Fellow role include providing organizational/administrative support to the Track Coordinator and faculty as needed and/or directed by the Track Coordinator and attending the Academy. The Faculty Fellow also assists with all aspects of track curricular development and planning prior to and during the onsite Academy. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Attend all track and faculty teleconference and onsite planning meetings.
- Assist Track Coordinator in preparing for faculty meetings.
- Shadow Track Coordinator throughout the Academy and assist as needed.
- Provide logistical, clerical, research, and instructional support to Track Coordinator and faculty.
- Problem-solve as appropriate and represent the Gehring Academy faculty positively.
- Instruct select sections of track content per Track Coordinator’s request.
- Actively engage in all track classroom sessions, report concerns, and provide observations to the Track Coordinator.
- Participate in panels and/or group assignments as assigned by the Track Coordinator.
- Mentor track participants through group and/or individual activities including meals and/or social activities.
- Attend Academy opening and all associated receptions/events.
Those selected for Gehring leadership roles receive a stipend in addition to travel, room, and board during the Academy.